Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I'll Believe It When I See It

Luke 11:29-32

Anyone out there ever been skeptical? Not believed because something wasn't what you thought it would be, or was too inconvenient or uncomfortable to consider?

This generation wasn't willing to humble themselves in order to believe. Do you see how belief requires humility? It requires submitting yourself to whatever it takes to know the Truth. Wanting it so badly, you'd risk anything and everything. The Ninevites' reaction to Jonah's preaching amazes me every time... "The Ninevites believed God." And they literally dropped everything, even their very bodies dropped to the ground, and they sought God.

What kind of attitude must one have that at the moment she hears a warning from God, she immediately believes? No skepticism, no thought of what one may look like to the rest of the world. Just that full realization that if I'm not right with God, the other concerns of my mind and myself won't matter one bit.

No comments: